The Labor Day weekend was all about bridges with two major events in two different parts of the country. Continue reading “Talking Bridges: Two Bridges, Two Wonderful Stories”
Earlier this week, Building America’s Future released a new mobile app that helps people tell Congress when they are stuck in traffic. The app encourages users to copy BAF and share on Twitter when they have sent a message to Congress.
The app received some great coverage and I’ve watched for some backlash toward the app since it appears to encourage drivers to send messages while they are behind the wheel. I know that it doesn’t directly encourage distracted driving, but the idea that someone would send a message to Congress while stuck in traffic kind of infers that.
Still, the app seems really smart and I’m intrigued. But the hashtag, #imstuck, seems to have landed with a thud. I’ve compiled a few of the items on Storify.
I truly wish the BAFuture.org folks much success. We need all the awareness we can get for transportation in Congress. But maybe we need a better hashtag?
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)